Tuesday 11 August 2015

Woodstock spot // 35mm Film


I've been in Cape Town for just over a month. It was strange to be back here at first, but then I found myself emerged in coffee dates and green juice dates and beautiful sunny wintry days and horrible windy rainy days and lovely people who make life worth living. A working holiday is the best kind of holiday, even if you have to give up your European summer for South African winter (mainly because I can now afford to buy a large amount of MAC lipsticks) (and this I have done). 

I found this little explosion of street art in an area in Cape Town called Woodstock, amongst broken buildings and homeless people asking me for money. I dragged my friend Mikhaela with me, forced her to put on makeup and my favourite pair of jeans (bought when she was with me at the vintage kilo shop in Amsterdam) and shoved my camera in her face. I think my friends are getting used to me doing this to them now, let's hope so anyway.

Cape Town at it's finest.




No comments:

Post a Comment