Saturday 11 July 2015

35mm


I will be in Cape Town for almost two months. Season hopping can be fun, just when you were tired of that one pair of summer shorts in the European heat wave it's back to leather pants and layers and rain and the smell of the sea. I haven't been home in almost two years (it doesn't feel like home anymore) and after a few days I already miss my Amsterdam bedroom walls covered in photo prints and my bike and my friends. But leaving paradise is always a lesson in appreciation (Oh Amsterdam I fucking appreciate you) and at least I'm getting snuggles from my fat old cat.

I tried this Lomography Purple Chrome film for the first time, I think the trick is to overexpose it (or expose it multiple times) - at least it's the trick if you want the magical pastel colours. Lower light gives you a very dark, very purple effect (distorted reality/not good for selfies).

I'm finally finding some pretty girls who don't mind being photographed in Amsterdam, so life will be looking up. In these pictures are Esther (Belgium) and Nina (Slovenia) both beautiful people whom I love. There is also one picture of myself and James, my hairy friend from Cape Town who visited me in Holland some weeks ago.

And now I will try to make the most of these next few weeks, being close to the sea. I'll try to capture my city again, but in a new way.









LomoChrome purple XR film and Lomography LC-wide camera



2 comments: